I haven’t much improved on the number of uploads at Istockphoto in the last month, but I had 2 images unexpectedly nominated in the upper end Vetta category, and I guess that’s something to be reasonably pleased about.
More importantly, I tried a completely new style and actually managed to get it approved by the rather stringent checks out there. I’ve tried to deviate from my usual illustration style before but never managed an approval, so I’m particularly pleased about this doodle image that’s been approved. In part I created it to take part in the istockphoto.com monthly Vector illustration challenge, and I just barely managed to squeeze it through on 31st August.
This particular doodle was done as one big image, yes, I had to redraw it. But in future I think I’ll combine a lot of small parts. Because that’s really how I draw anyway, doodling all over various surfaces in front of me. The trouble is keeping it recognisable, even the myself :). I’m telling myself I’ll get more done in the month but hmmm… I doubt. Touching up the hand done stuff once it’s scanned is rather a long and tedious process.
Which is why I am soooo drooling about this new product that I just came across last week.